Lunes, Enero 27, 2014

MEMOIR: Silly old friends







SOUL MATES?
I think they exist. Just not always romantically.


Think are certain people you will meet in your life who you just connect with more than anyone else and you just know it isn’t a typical thing and you understand each other perfectly. And this person won’t always be your significant other. It could be your friend.

Spongebob’s got a Patrick.

Garfield’s got a Johnny.

Phineas got a Ferb.

Finn’s got a Jake.

Me? I just have the best friends in the world. No big deal.



My friends are the loveliest. They are not perfect but when we’re together, my world is. They’re the most beautiful people I know because they accept and love me as I am.


If I would compare my different group of friends (childhood friends, internet friends, elementary friends, imaginary friends, high school friends and college friends) to movies, I prefer the following:


 *F.R.I.E.N.D.S (but it’s a series though) for some of my friends are dumb, some are always in love and some are just crazy.

*SPRING BREAKERS for we really are suckers for vacations and the beach!

*PITCH PERFECT and HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL for days with friends are always composed of singing (well in our case, making noise)

*BAND OF BROTHERS for no one gets left behind.

**********


BEST FRIENDS.


They are the ones you can get mad only for a short period because you have important stuff to tell them.They are the ones who can tell when you’re upset.They are the ones who stick by your side even when you’re wrong.They are the ones who laugh at your dumbest jokes.They are the ones who insult you face-to-face.They are the ones who eat all the food they see from you.They are the ones who call your mother ‘mom’.They are the ones who always ask for advice but not live it.They are the ones who will teach you to drink, play and party.They are the ones who’ll scold you for being too shy to talk to your crush.They are the ones who believe, trust and love you.They are the ones who never leave you.


******** 


I am more than blessed to have these people beside me.

When I was scolded by my grade six teacher for wincing at her, they were there supporting me.

When I was sent to the principal’s office for kicking a classmate on the first day of school, they were there laughing at me.

When I was being left behind by my first love, they were there comforting me and telling me that it was his lost.

When I was missing my parents, they were with me.They’re with me through everything. 


And since I now do not know where this’ll go, I’ll end this blog by asking these barbaric creatures to please, just please stay with me forever.

******** 


It’s always nice to have some people who you know appreciates you. They make you realize that in life, you do not need plenty of friends. A few good, true friends are enough to make your stay in this world meaningful. It’s good to have friends who are imperfect but you know will stay forever.


Imagine your life without friends. Huh I dare you.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento